Pages

June 24, 2006

My Silly Times

For years I have associated dates with times. It's silly, and probably compulsive. I'm probably glad that there are as many hours and minutes on our clock as there are months and days on a calendar.

Examples:
My wife and I share a birthday on December 16th, though several years apart. Every day when I actually catch it, I will send an email or text message at 12:16 to her saying something along the lines of "It's Birthday Time!!"

I think that it's partly because I like to find little celebrations every day. I used to send flowers on Tuesdays with a note that just said, "Happy Tuesday!" I'm the eternal optimist, I guess, but that's a good thing, right!??

The other one that I notice most often is 7:11 - Slurpee Time. I don't often have a slurpee, but it's fun to think I could have it twice a day with purpose!

The 7:11/Slurpee thing is also something I just do with a friend's birthday. Her birthday is July 11th, so I refer to it as the slurpee birthday! (What a great birthday, because they actually GIVE AWAY slurpees at 7-11!!)

There are others, but they are even more silly. I'm positive it's compulsion, but if it's positive it's okay I think. That's what I tell myself.....

No comments:

Post a Comment