Pages

July 05, 2006

A Nice Day for Fish

Today we went up to Baltimore to the National Aquarium. I was not necessarily excited, but appropriately ready to go. I enjoy museums and such for about an hour, then I get bored. Today was a different story! (Blessing)

We got up there with no traffic problems, a small miracle in itself. I dropped off Anny and the In-Laws while I went hunting for a parking garage. When I rejoined them, we picked up the pre-purchased tickets with no problem and went straight in! (had to beat the school groups) We wandered around and looked in the huge tanks of rays, sharks and fish.

The real reason that I wanted to go is that they have recently opened their Australia Outback exhibit, where the animals are free to roam as they like, and we just walk through their habitat. VERY COOL. The National Zoo in DC has an Amazon exhibit that has the same base, and theirs has more animals. We head down to the zoo about every other year, and have not been in a while. Hmm....

Anyway, when we bought tickets, we purchased the ones that got us into the Dolphin Show! It was very exciting, and all four of us were very happy that we got to enjoy it without a school or camp group under our care. :o) It makes a difference. We got lots of pictures, and Anny got a great one that cost me some money. Our camera has a wonderful landscape feature, which is perfect for events like these. We were getting too many, or so I thought. I told her that if she could get a good one with a dolphin completely out of the water, I would give her $5 in cash. Here's what she got:


Yes, I circled a dolphin about 22 feet in the air, since it does blend in a little. I can't believe she got the picture, but sure am glad that she did. It will be our desktop for the next few weeks, until we get good Iowa pictures.

I got lost getting the car, but that was not a big deal. We had CPK for lunch, which I have been looking forward to for weeks. Their pizzas have such a far range of choice that I can find them with no tomatoes or tomato sauce.

We're home watching the rain fall AGAIN today. We have started to collect some of it so that when we are in a system of no rain, we can use the water for plants. Our pumpkin plants have started to grow nicely, using mostly rain water. We got another 30 gallons from our earlier storm, which is our capacity in our trash can. I'll put pictures up on that soon, I just have a couple of tweaks to do to make it perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment