Pages

May 29, 2006

Sporradic Activities

My brother is trying to be helpful in my quest to stay healthy by coming up with new things to try. This spring alone has been quite ADD in "our" regiment. Roller Hockey one weekend, Golf driving range another weekend. Today we are going to play racquetball up near his house! In his defense, he gave me a choice between roller hockey and racquetball, and with the heat they are predicting, I chose the indoor sport! It should be fun, and Anny is even predicting that I will come home and sleep it off before dinner. I doubt it..... hope not that is!

Anny and I have taken a few walks around the lake that is in town. It's a nice place, with great views from any place on the paths. There is one source of annoyance there - our subway system runs along one side of the lake! It's funny, actually, just how much people think that it interrupts the serenity. If there was not a metro line there, there would not be a lake there! It's actually the drainage pond from the construction of the tracks and such.

So, today I play racquetball for the first time since I was in high school. I just pray that I don't break an ankle, or get hit too hard by my slightly-over-competitive brother!

1 comment:

  1. To update - Racquetball was good fun! I really needed to take it a bit easier, or need to be in better shape if I'm going to do something like that again. Now that it's hot and gross in DC, it's going to be harder to get motivated to be outside during the daylight hours!

    ReplyDelete