Pages

May 17, 2006

Ready, Set, Paint!

I leave for work at about 6:50. Sometimes five minutes early, and sometimes five minutes late. Today it was 15 minutes, but I have a good excuse.

Paint. Yesterday and today is Bleached Denim. Anny has to leave for work before 6:30, so I decided to be productive instead of reading the newspaper, so I painted the trim around the door and the built-in bookcase this morning. (Actually, it's a recess in the wall right now, will be a bookcase by the end of the weekend) Remember, though, I'm the morning person.

I am on a very tight schedule, which was made tighter by having to be out of the house for most of last weekend. This is all part of having my 18 year old cousin move in so that he can be closer to college, and partly to allow him to have a growth experience out from under his own roof. I am hopeful that he will pull his weight, and he has followed through with everything that has been asked of him so far in the process.

Everyone is helping. My brother is helping me with some plumbing, and has talked me through some electrical work. His wife painted baseboard, before I installed it to make sure we didn't mess up the walls. Jon (the cousin) has done everything from ripping out cabinets to helping build the best bed in the world. (Working on loading some pics, but I'm going to wait until the completion, which will require yet more paint)

So, Jon moves in tomorrow. Baseboard is not down, but will be. Some more electrical work to be done. Nothing has been done in the closet to make it a closet. He will be helping more this weekend to make it livable.

But it will be the coolest project that I have ever done on "my own" and will only lead to more.

Oh yeah - I had to cancel the Air Hockey table I was going to pick up last weekend due to my grandfather's passing, but have found a newer, and much better, one that I'm picking up this Sunday. Again, I will make my offer of:

If you're ever in the area and want to play some air hockey... GAME ON!

1 comment:

  1. Baseboard?! You can do baseboard?! Swoon.

    ReplyDelete