Pages

May 03, 2006

Now, for Something a Bit Different

Now - on to politics!

Yesterday was our Town Election. We were allowed to vote for up to 5 people to be on the Town Council. The person winning the popular vote becomes Mayor. Very simple process.

In the last few weeks we were visited by two of the candidates, both incumbants, one of which is the mayor. I like him. Both he and the other candidate who stopped by the house were really making an effort, in my opinion. I thought it was just political mumbo-jumbo, but both were making enough of an effort that they remembered tid-bits about our short visits. Kind of cool to be living in such a small town that the citizens matter.

One of the women running my grandfather (who worked for the town for several years, and lived here for many many more) refered to with particularly harsh words. I thought it was all talk, until she "introduced" herself to us yesterday. She pushed a flyer into my hand, as if to say "vote for me, I know how to make a flyer...." Okay - If I'm voting on principles and issues-at-hand, I'm not going to bother with the flyer you stuff in my face at the last minute.

****************************************
I have just seen that the inbumbent Mayor has won again! Quite a margin, too. That's good news.

I will try next time to be even less political - my cousin and I "created" a new "game" which I want to write about...

No comments:

Post a Comment