Pages

May 10, 2006

Reunion is next week.....

It's been ten very interesting years since I graduated from high school. Next Saturday (20th) is our ten year reunion at a local bar. Yes, the Baptist School grads know where to meet! It's strange that over the last two or three years the school itself has been pushing reunions, but they have not done anything to facilitate this. (It will probably be better that way)

I love my life, which I think is evident to anyone who meets me. I have a wonderful wife whom I love dearly, and a job that I look forward to going to every day!

But it's a reunion. An opportunity to become someone I'm not. It is just like a week at summer camp. (We actually had campers assume completely different life story lines during their one week at camp than they actually lived. One camper even said that she lived in another Country, when she was really quite the local-yokel.)

I have a one night shot at making up a very creative story line for what I have done over the last ten years. How creative can I be with it?? Last night we had dinner with our best friends, whom I graduated with, who were all about tyring it along with me! Since we are close enough we could even back each other's stories up. What fun!

I am in no way saying that I would want my life to be anything that it is not. Except for my kidneys, I really don't have complaints. I do have this neurosis of telling everyone I meet about my kidneys, so I'm a bit worried about over-informing on Saturday as it is.

So, I know that only five people read my bog, and I know one of you. I welcome the rest of you to comment also.
I am wondering: If you could, for one night, make up a story line about your last ten years, what would it be? It's not to say that you think any less of the way your life has actually gone, but just something for fun.

No really, post a comment about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment