Pages

September 07, 2006

Over the Limit, Under Arrest - REVIEW

See my PREVIOUS Post to see where this all began.....

So, the 18 days of enforcement of the "Over the Limit, Under Arrest" campaign are over. I heeded to the warnings of TV and radio, and indeed did not drive under the influence of alcohol in any way.

So, here are how the statistics broke down, from where I sat:

0 - Number of minutes spent drunk driving by Rob
700 - Approximate number of miles driven by Rob during the 18 day period
1 - Trip to and from Rehoboth Beach, DE, quite a party town during the summer

0 - Number of Checkpoints driven through during the last TWO YEARS, which include the 18 days of "strict enforcement" of drunk driving laws under the Over the Limit campaign.

For those who only know me through cyberspace - I live just outside the University of Maryland. When I say just outside, I mean that I have restaurants that I avoid during the school year around the corner because they're invaded by students. (Actually, during the winter, we can see the Chapel on Campus)

Overall, I think that I really need to hear some solid statistics from someone, anyone, about arrests and citations. I went back to their website, and cannot find ANY follow up information. Maybe it's too soon, but you can be sure that I will keep an eye on that.

Did you pass through any checkpoints? Do you know anyone who did?

To be honest, I don't know why this is the particular bee in my bonnet. There are more pressing issues in the world, and I know that. I hate being targeted, I guess. I am hoping that my next post will be My Kidney Story Part 3, so keep an eye out for that by the end of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment