Pages

July 20, 2011

It's Gettin' Hot in Here...

While I do not practice the "taking off all my clothes" to cool down, we have been spending a ton of time at the pool. Abby and I have closed the pool down twice this week so far, and will likely do it again twice more! We love our local pool and have made great use of the family pass for the summer. There is a lazy river to float in, and little-little kid pool (deepest might be a foot) and a bigger-kid pool. (There is an adult pool with lanes for lap swimming, but we never make it over there.)

Abby has been taking swimming lessons and is making progress with her confidence in the water, and is finally trusting her feet in the pool. She gets as excited about the slide as she does about floating on her back, and as excited about that as the is about the lazy river. Our pool is a perfect mix for the whole family, and we are especially glad for it on a week like this.

One more advantage to living in an apartment is that we do not have a garden that is dying in the heat! I am in charge of two outdoor planters at the office and they are not faring very well right now. Monday I added six gallons of water into each pot to try to perk them back up. Tuesday I cut it down to four and noticed that they needed much more. Today they each got four gallons of water, and I don't think it was enough.

I only care about the plants because we have some really cool hummingbirds and butterflies that frequently stop by. I keep thinking about taking my camera to work to try to get pictures of them, but I know that by the time I get the camera going, any non-human creature is going to be completely gone.

Anny and Abby have been making rounds on some of the cooler places around - the mall and The Magic House have been visited. They have gone to see a movie (half price when the thermometer hits 100!) and are likely headed to another this week. I'm just saying cool by bringing my own lunch to work so that I have NO reason to go outside. (Other than to water the previously mentioned flowers...)

My in-laws are going to be here at the end of next week and have already requested, several times, that we make sure it cools down before they arrive. I don't know that we are going to be able to meet that request, but we ALL sure hope it breaks soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment