Pages

May 06, 2011

Photo Tales - Week 2

(or Friday Photoblogging, or whatever - here's a picture and a story!)

Our Little Reader

Abby has always wanted to read. We have made a point of reading to her at bed time, or any time she asks, since she was about six months old. I am not a reader, but I seem to be the only one in my family line that feels that way. I blame laziness - on my part - for my lack of reading!

Abby and Anny go to the library every other week while I am still at work, so I always brace myself when I get home for what crazy books they have decided to bring home. This week they brought home "How to Raise a Dinosaur" by Natasha Wing (Pablo Bernasconi on illustrations). It's cute, and Abby became immediately obsessed with it - we have been reading it at bed time, before going to school and before dinner. She loves this book. Good stuff - it has a cute story that has a lesson (spoiler alert - if you don't feed your dinosaur it will eat you!).

The cutest part was that when I was eating breakfast yesterday I heard her "reading" the story. I looked down the hallway and saw the picture above - she had assembled her favorite toys - lots of royalty, a fairy and a bear - so that she could read the story to them!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it! (new signoff for the blog? probably not - seems lame in the long run.)

Photo Tales Tuesday Button

3 comments:

  1. I love the little group she's assembled!! Samantha reads to her dolls a lot, too, and it's just so fun to eavesdrop in on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that is way too adorable! I love this! Thank you for sharing and joining in!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Buy or join Monavie here.Join, you'll get a referral link to promote your Monavie business.Millions of people are benefiting from Mona Vie!

    ReplyDelete