Pages

August 03, 2006

It is ALWAYS about Weather!

I woul hate to be involved in News Weather. People always try to be nice to you, but never are happy with what you have to say. I'm the first to say "I'm sure they're wrong, it won't snow at all." They are right about as often as I am, which is okay.

During the snow, everyone prays for the summer heat.

During the summer heat, people are looking for snow.

I think that this year is different for some, though. Our weather is so crazy, not just here on the East Coast. My In-Laws have never seen a need for an air conditioner, but after the last couple of weeks worth of heat, they are toying with buying a window unit for next summer. (I have not been there during the summer, but I hear it only last for like two weeks!)

My best friend is a mechanic, and is smoldering in this 99+ degree heat we've been dealing with. When I went yesterday to get an oil change, I made sure to bring everyone an ice-cold bottle of water. I was welcomed with open arms in a place where the temperature outside is added to by the heat of engines running the whole day. I was only out there for 20 minutes or so and needed to drink a bottle while I was there, and had another as soon as I got home.

Funny, though, that I found this article HERE about the extreme cold temperatures at the South Pole. The pictures are spectacular, both for the landscape and the clouds. You have to have perfectly cold (-176 F) and just the right amout of wind (143 mph) to have these clouds. Suprised that we have not seen these clouds in Wyoming during one of our trips. :o)

I'm enjoying the air conditioning, but look forward to this heat breaking over the weekend. I have a bookcase buildling project that I would much rather do outside than in.

No comments:

Post a Comment