Pages

March 09, 2006

One Week Down

I have what some people call an addictive personality. I know better than to have ever done drugs. I have never been gambling. I drink very rarely, thanks also in part to the kidneys. I avoid all of these things because I know that I have a very good chance of getting hooked.

So, in walks the diet. It has worked for Anny very well since she started. It has worked for P&S too. I think it works for them because all three have patience. I have an addictive personality. I'm continually (on day 8 here) thinking why go back to carbs? I have not even craved a soda, and the only candy cravings come because one of my co-workers has an older aunt who constantly shops for sales - and sends each of the "children" home with food of all kinds. She, in turn, brings in cookies, chips, and candy to the office and leaves it on the kitchen table. This was my favorite thing, until the diet.

Now I walk by the Reece's Cups, my personal favorite, and say (sometimes outloud) "Cheese sticks are great!" Someone caught me once, so now we all laugh about it.

So, with one week down, I have not lost any weight, but I feel good. The weather has been touch and go with both precip and temp. We have not gone walking in a while. Today looks promising. (63 on the way in this morning! Got to drive to work with the windows down and no jacket. I love spring.) We shall see, we shall see.

Until next time.....

1 comment:

  1. Rob, I too have an addictive personality. Very addictive. I have missed work and other important events because I couldn't make myself stop doing whatever it is that I'm doing at the time (e.g. reading a book or sleeping). It's pretty awful.

    And that's part of why I don't drink often or smoke or gamble or do drugs. It's why I didn't allow myself to read *anything* fictional for fun during college. It's why I often stay up so painfully late. It's why Nintendo can be dangerous for me. I just can't make myself stop when I should.

    And with food, it's hard. If one slice of pizza is good, an entire pizza is better. How can someone stop after just a couple pieces if there's more in the box? It's something I have to work very hard on.

    (I didn't lose much weight with S. Beach until I started exercising a few weeks in. Then it started coming off nicely with the combination of diet and exercise. I've stalled a bit this week, though, and think I might have to bump back down to Phase 1 for a bit.)

    ReplyDelete