Pages

December 09, 2008

Countdown to 30 - 2001

I was born on December 16th, 1978. For the 30 days leading up to my birthday, I'll be posting (mostly) pictures and (a few) stories about the years gone by.

2001 was significant for many reasons, but aren't they all?  Unfortunately, 2001 was the year I was diagnosed with my Kidney Disease, FSGS.  This is the year that I went from skinny to fat, and it only took a matter of weeks.  More details on that story is HERE.

2001 was also the first time that I made the trip out to Wyoming!  Anny's parents live at the base of Casper Mountain.  I have been several times (and we're going again in the spring) and it's beautiful out there.  It is funny, though, that I have never seen snow fall out there, but there has always been at least a foot on the ground! 



Yes, the snow on Anny's jacket was my fault.  How can you be around that much snow and not throw a snowball or two?

2001 was also the year that I (we) moved from Maryland down to Manassas so that I could work as the Office Manager at Camp Glenkirk.  It was a great experience for the most part, and a time of my life that I would never change. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving all these pictures.

    Should we drive out the same week or a different week?

    ReplyDelete