Pages

December 08, 2008

Countdown to 30 - 2000

I was born on December 16th, 1978. For the 30 days leading up to my birthday, I'll be posting (mostly) pictures and (a few) stories about the years gone by.

Here is a shot of Anny and I at the end of the summer when folks were going somewhere nice.  You will probably notice that I didn't bring nice shoes, so I'm wearing tennis shoes.  I have sure changed since then! (and holy cow, that's a big belt buckle!)



In the fall of 2000 Anny moved to Tennessee to work at an environmental education facility.  She was there for months and we only saw each other a couple of times.  We each had phone bills that were incredibly high, but in retrospect I would say that it was worth it.  We made the long distance thing work, and work well.

(Again, I notice how skinny I was then. I think this is the last skinny picture there is of me.)

4 comments:

  1. I really do too. The bad thing is that there is one of Anny with our friend Dave that turned out better, but I didn't figure that deserved to be posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So skinny! And Anny's hair is so long!

    We thought a lot about Anny's year in 10-Mile while driving through rural TN in October. I even found it on our travel map, and that took a little searching.

    ReplyDelete