Pages

December 01, 2008

Countdown to 30 - 1992

I was born on December 16th, 1978. For the 30 days leading up to my birthday, I'll be posting (mostly) pictures and (a few) stories about the years gone by.

Okay - I've got nothing for this. I'm guessing that since it was freshman year of high school, I chose earlier in my life to not keep any pictures or such.

I will take this space, then, to acknowledge that in 1992 I met my best friends to this day - Bryan and Charlene Harrison. (She was not Harrison at the time, but that's okay) The three of us went through some interesting years that I would not trade (most of) for anything.

I like to take credit for clearing the way for them to date - and therefore marry and have children - because Charlene used my parent-cred to snag permission to go out with Bryan. It was a classic "if he's Robert's friend, he can't be bad." I think her parents still believe that, and honestly it's one way I try to keep my self together. I always want to be the guy that only knows good people.

No comments:

Post a Comment