Pages

August 18, 2008

Married to a Teacher: Back to School

It's that time of year again - Back to School.  The sales have been in major chain stores for about a month already, but mostly for the early colleges.  Today, though, marks Anny's first day of Staff Week at her school.  Fun.

This also means that Abby goes back to school today!  She took a little bit of coaxing to get out of sleepiness, but once she has some grub she was excited to be up!  I think she has my genes in that department.  Here's the girls this morning:



But, and there is almost always a but...

Now is also the time of big transition for our little household, and for many other households across the nation.  Now is the time that things have to be planned for and done differently.  Everything from laundry to house cleaning; from dinner to alarm clocks.

I can no longer assume that all of the poopy diapers will be changed by mama.  I can no longer look forward to empty laundry hampers when I get home from work. 

This year will be a harder transition for the house than in years past.  I think that individually each of us will just keep on doing our thing - Abby playing at school with her friends and us parent-types will do our jobs, hopefully well.  I think that the real change will be in how we operate together. 

Different from last year is that Abby is now a little person, not just an infant.  She has preferences, and lets you know what they are.  She even has shoes that have been deemed better than others!  (thank goodness, from my pespective!)

We have to try and guess if she will eat certain things, but we're not sure what will work until we do some trial and error.  During the summer it was easy - if she won't eat a quesadilla, give her a cheese stick.  We'll play a new guessing game for a while.

It's going to take a few weeks to get into a groove.  I wish I could say that we're used to this, but I think it's going to be a bit different this year.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, back to school... I'm totally not looking forward to that... (well, it's the not being able to wear my pj's til noon).

    Thanks so much for your faithful commenting on my blog. Means a lot to get them!

    I read most of my blogs in the middle of the night on my phone during late night nursing sessions. The problem is that I can't comment on blogger through my phone's browser. So if I don't seem to be commenting, I'm still dropping by!

    ReplyDelete