Pages

August 07, 2008

20 Worst Songs Ever?

Article this is from is from Spinner Magazine, and can be found HERE with descriptions of the songs. It's a pain to click through each one, so I've listed them below.

#20 'The Final Countdown'--Europe (1986)*
'What's Up'--4 Non Blondes (1993)**
'Gettin' Jiggy Wit It'--Will Smith (1998)*
'Achy Breaky Heart'--Billy Ray Cyrus (1992)
'Thong Song'--Sisqo (2000)*
#15 'Hollaback Girl'--Gwen Stefani (2005)**
'Rico Suave'--Gerardo (1991)
'Convoy'--C.W. McCall (1975)
'With Arms Wide Open'--Creed (2000)
'Wannabe'--Spice Girls (1996)***
#10 'My Heart Will Go On'--Celine Dion (1997)*
'Macarena'--Los Del Rio (1995)***
'Ebony and Ivory'--Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder (1982)*
'I'm Too Sexy'--Right Said Fred (1991)**
'I Am Woman'--Helen Reddy (1972)
#5 'U Can't Touch This'--MC Hammer (1990)*
#4 'Barbie Girl'--Aqua (1997)*
#3 'She Bangs'--Ricky Martin (2000)
#2 'Ice, Ice Baby'--Vanilla Ice (1990)*
#1 'Who Let the Dogs Out?'--Baha Men (2000)

Okay, I can agree with numbers 1 and 3, and would probably have put them as 1 and 2. But if you notice the asterisks above, here is the key:
One * means that I own it and have it on my iPod
Two ** means that I own it, have it on the iPod, and it's on multiple playlists so I hear it often
Three *** means that I do not own it, but would like to have it!

Doing a quick count that means that I own half (10) of the Top 20 WORST songs ever. Am I wrong to like these songs? Do you own/listen to/like some of these? Please tell me I'm not the only one!

3 comments:

  1. Ebony and Ivory? What hack wrote this list?! You are not alone... I'm surprised that wasn't on the list, geesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, "What's Up" is one of the best songs EVAH, so obviously whoever wrote this is some saggy-pantsed kid who doesn't know what he's talking about. I also love "With Arms Wide Open." "I'm Too Sexy" was awesome, in its time.

    But yeah, the top five were pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know some of these, hate a couple, and love others.

    But, as you know, I don't really listen to the radio.

    Case in point. In college, I heard this great song, a really catchy tune. Stayed in my head all night, made me want to dance. I went out and bought the CD! (A big deal, since I own few CDs, but this was a single I bought cheap.)

    It was the Macarena. (wow did I feel stupid the next time I went to a party and realized that EVERYBODY knew the Macarena . . . and already hated it.)

    Still. Fun to dance to!

    Give your body pleasure, Macarena. 'Cause your body is made for giving pleasure, Macarena! Much better in Spanish.

    ReplyDelete