Pages

September 14, 2007

An Open Letter:

An Open Letter to Sanitation Workers:


As a parent of a three month old, I must send you my sincere thanks and appreciation. As I opened my trash can this morning I was hit with the power of three-day-in-the-heat-of-the-trashcan poopy diaper stench.

I will be honest, I have never envied your job. You work long hours and deal with some nasty things, but I feel like I have been gentle on you for at least the last ten years of my life. I have put out an occasional moldy piece of fruit, or scrap wood from a house project, but not much more.


Now we are producing more in both volume and stench. For that, I must apologize. If the diaper can were full only on days that you picked up the trash, that would be a miracle. Instead, they tend to be full, or full enough for us to notice, about three hours after your visit.


I will even go so far as to send thanks from every parent that uses disposable diapers.

Your work is VERY appreciated by us all!

1 comment: