Pages

February 06, 2009

Another Check on the List!

I've been forbidden from making a "Things To Do Before I Die" list.  As I've said before, we don't really talk about mortality in my household unless we absolutely have to.  But if there was a list, I would have checked off another box last night.

One of my aunts works for an organization that is shopping for a new bank right now, and one of those banks gave her four tickets to their Sky Box for the Capitals vs Kings game!  There was only one extra once the rest of my family got wind, but since I did the full time dad things for two days and a night, Anny thought it was a good reward.  (Really I would have gone anyway, but this is my justification.)  I met up with my Aunt Pam and my brother and his wife before the game and we got a little lost on the way up, but the whole experience was awesome.

It was fully catered with everything from salad to wings, sausages to soft-taco wraps.  We were a little disapointed by the lack of desert, and we weren't the only ones, but at this point I'm sitting in a free seat and eating free food.  I was certainly not complaining!  They even had beer and hard stuff.  That's another post for this weekend as I think I'm done pretending that I can drink. 

The atmosphere at Verizon Center sure is different than it was two years ago, and that's a good thing.  We got really good seats for a game last spring that we took Abby to and it was crazy then, too.  Our best friend's son could not stand how loud it was, but that was mostly the sound system more than the crowd.  Now it's both. 

The Caps lost, but the last period was incredible. 

All in all - awesome experience that I can't even fully describe.  If anyone has extra box seats in the future, don't hesitate to call me!

No comments:

Post a Comment