Pages

February 21, 2006

Oh What a Year!

It has been a year now since I have joined the "real world" of working. I worked at a summer camp and retreat center in Virginia. My wife and I decided that it was time to move on from our high priced apartment and lower paying job into Maryland. It's been a great move for both of us, due in great part to that fact that we love our jobs!
It had been several years since I had worn a tie (minus obligated funerals and weddings) at all, much less every day. I have since discovered that it's really not that bad. I actually love to buy ties! It's not nearly as expensive as shoes, so that's another plus.

At the camp, things were changing. I am okay with change, or so I would like to believe. The sporaddic hours were a bit more than my brain was able to handle anymore, particularly with my health being priority numero uno.

Now I love to go to work! I don't do the same thing two days in a row, and the regular hours are a great relief to my brain too. I was worried about traffic, but it actually gives me an opportunity to get in some quality alone time. I have even found that I'm ready to get "back" into shape!

Things are just lining up wonderfully. I have decided to start on a diet that has worked so well for her Anny. I start on the 1st of March, kind of a celebration of my first year of the real world.

Oh wait - I've just put it out there that I'm going to diet. My doctor will be happy, because he gives me grief about my weight every time im in the office, but I'm thinking that it will be lots of work for me.......

What a difference a year makes!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad things are so good right now!

    We are having good luck with The Diet too. I'm down about 18 pounds with diet + exercise, and Paul's down much more than that. He's just been dieting but has recently started some exercise. I think it helps to do it together. And now that it's such a craze, there's stuff to eat out almost everywhere. Phase 1 is the hardest, but it gets better after that. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete