Pages

July 31, 2008

Thankfulness in July

Taking a page from a pastor friend who is currently in the middle of a family-move from the DC area back to Georgia, I would like to begin sharing my "Thankfulness" moments for the past month. I intend to keep this up, as I believe it to be very important to not only gripe, but also to celebrate the good things going on in our lives.

So, my list of things from July that I am thankful for:

Time with family - we began with a trip to the beach for the 4th of July and got to spend some quality time with my side of the family.


Time with family 2 - Annys parents drove from Wyoming to visit us, and bring Abby her very own, custom built toy box. Our time with them was spent hanging out, but we also got to do some touristy things, and had some amazing crab mac-n-cheese!

Time with family 3 - Our trip to St Louis was just what my mind needed. A complete break from the office was incredible, and the fact that I wasn't thinking about work meant I could open my mind to whatever came. I would say that I appreciated the wonders of my wife and daughter more in the course of that weekend than in the months prior. It was good to get away.

Abby with her cousin Ellie.


Abby with her cousin Ada.

Abby's first concert - We went last weekend to see the Dangertones, a local blues band. We had not seen a live show in a very long time. They're a good show, especially at 4 in the afternoon!

Anny's braces are finally on - After months of talking about how to fix a problem with her teeth, Anny is a proud owner of her own set of braces. Her story in the fall is that she wanted to see how her students feel! Anny was hiding them from everying, including me, but I think she has come to terms a bit more about having them. (which is good, since she'll have them on for at least 18 months.)

A lot has happened this month. I'm thankful for all of it.

Feel free to post something similar. Like I've said in the past, I'm not the kind of person to "tag" other people. It was a very nice exercise for me to do for me.

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for you and your wife and your willingness to share your daughter with us. You and your family are a blessing for which I am very thankful.

    ReplyDelete