It was not helpful that:
- We had to move. We HAD to move, though, since our lease expired.
- I had to work Saturday. That's life, and an occasional Saturday is much better than my schedule was at Glenkirk!
- Instructions were not exactly right. The packers expected certain things that we did not anticipate. It happens.
- We hired movers. I "helped" get ONE file cabinet onto the dolly. I can not imagine how long it would have taken without professionals.
- We asked for only essential staff on Friday and Saturday, so there were not many people in the way.
- Labels - Labels - Labels! I was able to help someone at the new office find a box of cables that should probably have been hand carried over.
It was really helpful that:
- We moved over a weekend, whether I like it or not. Our office was down for two days instead of four.
- I got "old office" duties, so I got to leave earlier than the folks at the new place.
- I was able to access the internet through the wireless signal at another office. Just nice, I guess.
Since I have not actually arranged my book case and this is our third week in the office, I think I will tackle that first this this morning when I get to work!
And the office relocation accounts for why I have not been blogging for the last month - by the time I get home in the evening I'm doing my best to spend all of my time with my sweeties.